Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Color Becomes Cozy


    This quote can refer to a lot of thing, but what I am going to talk about is the use of paint color. Color is a huge component of a mood of a room. It can change thought the day, and look very different under artificial lighting. I personally like to use a lot of drab jewel tones colors in my own home. For one reason I opt for this choice is for a historical feel, and secondly by using darker colors in a large room with huge windows it make a space feel a lot more cozy. There is nothing nutral about my walls and ceiling for that matter, not to say there is anything wrong with a good nutral pallet. But I encourage people to try to venture out of their comfort zone and try to use color!  I always get a reaction from my neighbors who  stop in and are amazed at the color combinations.

Your truly,
Nicklas


This is my is the room I use as my living room. It was originally referred to as the drawing room, and is located in between the formal parlor and dining room. It had a servent passage that once lead back to the butlers pantry off the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas