Friday, July 24, 2020

I spy something with my little eye?

    Here are the three fireplaces on my first floor! And I spy with my little eye only one of them is original? I spy with my little eye one that has been refaced? I spy with my little eye one that was never there at all? Can you figure out which is which?

#1. This one is is done in a Renaissance revival style with a hand carved fresco going up the wall. It has handmade crackle tile from Italian using white sand found in the Mediterranean Sea!

#2. This one is in the drawing room and it done in a Italianate style. This one is done on a massive scale and is over six feet tall and has the feel of a old library of a castle. It has burgundy arts and crafts style tile where if you look close you can see old soot that had been baked into the crevasses from cozy night fires of years gone by.

#3. This delicate beauty is really something special isn't she. It is only about four feet wide and is located in the main parlor. It is done in a classic federal style, and has built in candle shelf above the mantle level. It features flutted columns with intricately hand carved capitals in addition to other finally crafted details. It has beautiful Victorian French tile that just takes your breath away.

Any guesses which one is which? The clock is ticking! Tick toke, tick toke....
DRUMROLL PLEASE, THE
ANSWERS ARE!

The fully original one is fireplace #3
The one that has been refaced is fireplace #2
And the one that never even there is fireplace #1

Did you guess right?

When making changes to a old house I feel it is honorable to try to make it blend.

Yours truly,
Nicklas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas