Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Word of LOVE!


    When I got home today, I was going through my inbox on Instagram and someone I follow posted something that pleasantly surprised me. Like I have said before, I am not a religious person however this story definitely caught my attention. So as always I double check and do my own research and looked up information for myself.

    What was so surprising was that Pope Francis has come out in support for civil unions for same-sex couples! This I hope will be a huge step forward for more LOVE and less HATE in the world.

I attended a Catholic school from K-12 and one thing they always preached was how the Pope was in direction communication with God. This then meant what he said is God’s word. 


    I remember a few years ago he made a similar statement in passing, and I remember hearing then that the Pope must of heard the wrong message from God. There will alway be those who use faith as a way to discriminate, but I am curious to see where this will go since this is a stronger statement.

Time will tell, but if this sparks of acceptance and love might bring about change!


Yours truly,

Nicklas


“Homosexual people have a right to be in a family. They're children of God and have a right to a family. Nobody should be thrown out or be made miserable over it... What we have to create is a civil union law.”

-Pope Francis 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas