Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Musical Films

Anyone who knows me knows that I love musicals. At one point in time I dreamed of going to college and majoring in theatre, and then one day move to NYC and audition for shows and maybe catch my break. Alas this dream stayed just but a dream, yet I am still obsessed with this genre and I am way over due (even prior to the pandemic) to travel to New York and see a show. The last show I saw was Disney's Aladdin back in 2015 where I was able to meet the original cast at the stage door. Plus it was amazing to see Jonathan Freeman revised his role Jafar so to hear that villainous laugh from my childhood live. That said how about I get back on topic and here are just a handful of my film favorites to check out.

Into the Woods (1987)

Rodgers & Hammerstein's Cinderella (1997)

Annie (1982)

The Pirates of Penzance (1983)

Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

Yours truly,
Nicklas

Side Note: I have been in live productions of Into the Woods, Cinderella, and Little Shop of Horrors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas