Friday, July 17, 2020

Love Life?

    
Lets get one thing clear my love life is presently nonexistent. Mind you I am not desperate for love and I am comfortable being alone. However I have been thinking for quite some time that maybe the answer for me to find love might be to look to the world wide web. One of my best friends is wanting me to sign up for Tinder; partly so she can take control of my phone and swipe left or right on different guys trying to find that Mr. Right. Other friends have suggested me to use Grindr, however this is definitely not a app for me personally as a hopeless romantic looking for something more serious. When push comes to shove there are so many apps out there as well as other ways you can meet someone else online.

    I know a few different success stories from family and friends that have taken this leap of faith. There are two that immediately comes to mind for me in particular. The first is a family member who meet his second wife after getting over a nasty divorce on Christian Mingle and I will say she is perfect for him. The second one is a family friend that meet her husband through Youtube on the other side of the world. So by seeing them first hand I know it is possible, yet I still have this mental hesitation I need to overcome.

    I am a very private person by nature and I was always taught growing up that you don't put anything personal about yourself online. Yet I know that the right guy isn't going to just one day come up and knock on my door. Although in a way that would be nice wouldn't it? Since this is such a abnormal time we are all living in thanks to the global pandemic I am wondering if maybe now would be the time to give it a go. I feel that maybe since you can actual go out and meet someone face to face then perhaps this would be a perfect way to really get to know that person for a longer time and establish trust. Plus thanks to face chats and other communication platforms I somehow know that this might also spare me from kissing a few frogs in the hope of finding a prince.

    The next question is to ask myself what am I looking for in a potential relationship. Well for starters I want him to have the same feelings when it comes to family as I do and for him to be understanding of the fact that I have a career which takes up a lot of my time and keeps me rooted close to home. I would also want to see that he is dedicated to whatever makes him happy as well. I also love a sense of humor that might bring out the playful side of me since most of the time I am a really serious person. I need to also know that he can be serious when necessary and be real with me.

    The couple that I mentioned who meet on Christian Mingle told me something when I went out for dinner with them that has stuck with me. They told me that when they first meet they actual dove right into the serious questions that aren't exactly the normal ones you might ask on a first date. For that couple it built a instant level of trust and understanding on where both of them intended for the relationship to go. This might sound intense to some but for me it sounds ideal. I think by being so bold upfront in the beginning it makes it that neither party feels lead on the other one as well as no one feels that their wasting time on a relationship that won't amount to anything in the future.

    I am curious about what are other peoples thoughts? And if I should try? I will say I have begun to fancy someone I follow online and ask myself if I might fester up the courage to maybe message them. The worse case scenario is just rejection or being ghosting right?

Yours truly,
Nicklas

1 comment:

  1. Hello there!
    I think my advice is this: you will know when you are ready.
    And I think that you are. You have clearly put a great deal of thought into it, and this is a great time to jump in and see! As you know, it can happen! Prayers and hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas