Friday, July 31, 2020

Tonights Thoughts

    Hope that everyone had a good week. Mine was actually quite busy. My grandmother who is 86 fell again over two weeks ago. This was the four fall she has had in the past year that has caused us to have to take her to the hospital. This time she broke her hip and since our local hospital doesn't have a orthopedic doctor she had to be taken 30 miles down the road to the next hospital where she had to wait in the emergency room for 24 hours for a bed to open up. They ended up performing a partial hip replacement on her, and she has been moved to a nursing care facility for recovery.
    However in her absence my 88 year old grandfather has been left home alone. His mind in the past year has been fading away fast and is forgetting many things. The most shocking one for me is that he can't remember his home address anymore and when he is being asked he is telling people the address of his childhood home. One thing you should know about my grandfather is that he has always been his own handyman and fixed things when they needed fixed even if he was doing it completely wrong.
    My grandparents home is on the outskirts of town in the country, and because of that they have a septic tank. At some point of time my grandfather decided to remove his kitchen sink and washing machine from the septic system, and opted to run it into the floor drains in the basement that drains into the wooded backyard. So because of this when that drainage system backed up this week we found ourselves dealing with a huge mess. The washing machine water back up and came out through the kitchen sink, where it overflowed and flooded the kitchen which then inter seeped though the floor and flooded half of the basement.
    The little feel of what our normal life was once upon a time before covid presented itself a little to me on Thursday when I was able to take a ride outside of my new normal surrounding area and I traveled to the neighboring county to run my grandmothers personal things to the nursing home which are all closed for visitation. But since I was there I ended up stopping at Hallmark and picking up my mom's Christmas ornament. After I left that store and was getting in my car to head home I saw that there was a Hobby Lobby that had open up since the last time I was there and I treated myself to some silk succulent greenery and a planter so I can make a arrangement to sit on my sink as well as a beautiful floor lantern that I ended up putting into my meditation room. Rest assured I did try to be safe and I still practiced social distancing as well as I wore my mask and carried my hand sanitizer with me.



Here's to a good and calm weekend that is uneventful!

Yours truly,
Nicklas


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas