Monday, August 3, 2020

Late Night Calls

 
   When the phone rings late at night it's normally never good. Last night we got a call from my grandfather who is now living alone. He was having chest pains and was coughing up blood. So my mom had him talked into going to the emergency room last night, but at last minute he decided he would rather wait till the morning to go. So my mother agreed and told him to call if he needed to during the night.

    To give you past history, my grandfather has a heart condition and had open heart surgery 18 year ago. According to the doctors the bypasses that had been placed during that surgery are basically living on barrowed time. So coughing up blood is never a good sign. This same thing happened last Thanksgiving where he went four days before telling anyone his symptoms and was hospitalized of four days for treatment. He was diagnosed with the most sever case of esophagitis the hospital had ever seen.

    Knowing my grandfather it comes to no surprise that he called this morning and said to not come out and that he is all better. He has a track record of not going to the hospital till it becomes life and death. He his very stubborn and normally my grandmother would nag him to go, but since she isn't home now we don't have that form of influence on him. So my mom went out anyways and called up my aunt for backup to make him go. The plan is that he either goes by car or they will call a ambulances to take him. Why does everything have to be difficult? I'll have to wait to see how this morning pans out. As a more positive note I decided to bake over the weekend and made brownies. So although this isn't the healthiest breakfast, sometimes you have to let yourself enjoy a treat. I hope your weekend was good, and here's to a better week then how mine is starting.

Yours truly,
Nicklas 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas