Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Old Wiring...









I can not even begin to tell you how much old wiring I have had to rip out over the years... let me tell you when your dealing with a house that predates gas lighting your dealing with so many changes to how people illuminated the house over the almost 170 years of its existence prior to you. This bundle is just the latest round. Some of it is from the teens, twenty, and fifties.... all of it has to go! Even the newest stuff from the early nineties. Now I am not rewiring the house myself, because quite frankly I know my limitations.


All of these wires mind you were all still energized however they weren’t even hooked up to anything. Instead whoever made whatever adaptation over the past century left them buried under the insulation in the attic above the master bedroom. Now this isn’t just a isolated problem, this issue was everywhere in the house and even in the garage.


This I don’t need to tell you is incredibly unsafe. I sincerely encourage anyone who wants to do anything kind of renovating that involves electricity to please either know exactly what you are doing, or hire someone who does. And if you hire someone make they are reputable and you can trust them... When I am all done I will know that I have 100% new and safe wiring!


Your truly,

Nicklas 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas