Friday, October 9, 2020

Bringing an idea to life!



Before I ever commit to a design I always like to draw it out so it really provides that visual representation of what's on mind. Once it is digitized I can then play around with colors and always redraw things if necessary.


If anyone has been following my story on Instagram you may have noticed I have recently started talking a lot about my master suite area. My biggest reason in doing so is that now the finishes are starting to be introduced and the room's transformation from day to day is so dramatic.

In the past I have talked about how this area in various posts but it honestly has been a real challenge from the start. Remember me talking about having to replace the floor joists? How about the near collapse of the tub into the first floor?


This room has seen it all, about four months into me owning the house the roof that needed clearly replaced gave out above this room flooded it. Since that was during the middle of winter my only option was to put a oversized tote in the middle of the room to collect the water in hopes of saving the room below.

Once spring came, as well as a new roof, the room needing to be fully gutted. And thanks to the help of my fearless mother we tacked it head on.

Once in the walls we found that all the insolation had molded year prior, and that there had been the start of a couple electrical fires in the walls. My mom still razes me about laughing at her in the moment when she was pulling down the ceiling above the bathtub a squirrels nest fell on her....

Don' worry I got my sweet karma when I was ripping out the sink and behind that drywall was a recently deceased mouse... I was told be that I screamed like a girl and I'm okay with that!

This room was also incredibly disgusting on the surface as well, and I won't dive into much detail now. However I will leave you with the image of me having to take a grinder to cut the toilet off the floor that had rusted itself in place.

I can not explain how itching I am to see more of the finishes I chose to come into play! However luckily for me that won't be that long of a wait...

And one day when it is all done I will show some before picture so you can real get a glimpse into how dramatic of a transformation this space actually went through. Although what you will see is only what was on the surface and one should never judge a book by its cover...

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!
 
Yours truly,
Nicklas



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello 27!

  Another year older and another year wiser! Yours truly, Nicklas